Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wild Card Round Preview - BCS Style

Using SportsReactions one-of-a-kind NFL BCS system let's have a quick look at each Wild Card Playoff match up this weekend:

#7 New Orleans Saints @ #21 Seattle Seahawks: OK, there's no such thing as a bad game in the playoffs but this is as close as you can get.  Whichever way you choose to look at it, though, the Saints do have to travel across the country and win in the loudest venue in the NFL.  Still there is no analysis or theory I can put forth here to predict a Seahawks victory. Saints easy.

#4 Baltimore Ravens @ #12 Kansas City Chiefs:  Great match up here that looks like an easy one to predict with the Chiefs getting blown out at home last week against the #15 Oakland Raiders.  But, they didn't have much to play for aside from seeding so I believe the urgency wasn't there since either way they were going to host a playoff game.  I still think the Ravens will win, but the Chiefs won't roll-over like they did against Oakland.

#6 New York Jets @ #10 Indianapolis Colts: Let's face it, if the Colts didn't have Peyton Manning nobody would think of this as a competitive game.  The Colts aren't a good team aside from number 18.  They are ravaged by injuries and barely managed to beat the implosion that is the #17 Tennessee Titans last week...at home!  I fully expect the Jets to take this one and have to face the #1 New England Patriots next weekend.

#9 Green Bay Packers @ #8 Philadelphia Eagles: Best game of the weekend here (even though they are all great) that is very hard to predict.  I'm going to go with the "what have you done for me lately" theory here and predict the Packers to win.  The last time the Eagles played their starters in a game they lost 24-14 at home to the #26 Minnesota Vikings.  When you consider that in the win that the Eagles had the week before over the #11 New York Giants they, and Vick, were contained for 3 1/2 quarters it seems that a blueprint has been made to stop this team.  Combine this with the Packers recent run of wins against good competition (#11 New York Giants, & #5 Chicago Bears) and I foresee a Packers victory here.

Yes I did...I predicted all four road teams to win this weekend.  I'm probably crazy but aside from the Packers prediction (over a team one spot higher) all of my picks are for the higher-ranked teams.  So maybe there's a little bit of sanity in me.  I guess we'll see.

Enjoy the games!

No comments:

Post a Comment