Monday, October 11, 2010

Branch back to Patriots

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5675331

The above article is a quick write up of the Deion Branch to New England trade.

SportsReaction:
OK, I'm a Patriots fan and have been my whole life so I can write about this subject with a little more knowledge than I can another football story. 

All I needed was to hear that the Patriots have re-acquired Deion Branch from the Seattle Seahawks to alleviate all the fears that arose earlier this week when the Pats traded Randy Moss to the Minnesota Vikings.

I know, I know that Deion Branch is nowhere near as good as Randy Moss, and that he never will be.  But, all I wanted to see was the Patriots get somebody to replace Moss that can stretch the field.  Can Brandon Tate be that guy?  Maybe, but there's no proof.  Deion Branch, while not as much a "field-strecher" as Randy Moss, does stretch the field enough for the Patriots offense to continue working as normal.

Essetially, I trust Tom Brady, Bill Belicheck and company enough that I am not worried about the difference between Deion Branch and Randy Moss causing this offense to shut down.

Call me a homer, but I'm not worried anymore.  The Patriots are still a 10 to 11 win team, and not the 8 to 9 win team I feared they might be without Moss.

No comments:

Post a Comment